[powerdot] Re: onslide and minipage

  • From: ecatchpole <e.catchpole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:51:29 +1000

On 25/10/05 21:56, Hendri Adriaens wrote,:

This unfortunately doesn't produce the desired result either. I hadn't yet considered such examples, but will take it into account now that I'm redesigning the hiding system. For now, we could use a workaround as below. Sorry for the trouble.

Best,
-Hendri.

\documentclass{powerdot}
\begin{document}
\begin{wideslide}{Overview}
\rput[tl](.5\linewidth,0){\includegraphics[width=.5\linewidth]{dice.eps}}
\begin{itemize}
\item Rationale\pause
\item Data\pause
\item Analysis\pause
\item Results\pause
\item Future Work
\end{itemize}
\end{wideslide}
\end{document}

Yes, that works fine. Many thanks to you and Luis for that. (All the exchanges between you and Luis happened while I was asleep: there are some advantages in being on the opposite side of the world . . . :) )

I'm very impressed with powerdot so far, but, if you're considering a redesign: I was raised in Ppower4, a very different environment from Prosper. Ppower4 has a \pauselevel command, which is very similar to \onslide, but forces an absolute slide number, regardless of previous \pause's. If this were possible in powerdot, it would be really nice.

Is there by any chance a counter that could be set to fudge this?

Incidentally, I expected the following change to your code above to be equivalent, but it doesn't work: it puts the picture in last. Am I up a gum tree again?

\documentclass{powerdot}
\begin{document}
\begin{wideslide}{Overview 2}\pause
\begin{itemize}
\item Rationale\pause
\item Data\pause
\item Analysis\pause
\item Results\pause
\item Future Work
\item[]<1-> \rput[tl](.5\linewidth,14ex){\includegraphics[width=.5\linewidth]{dice.eps}}
\end{itemize}
\end{wideslide}
\end{document}

Cheers,   Ted.