[powerdot] Re: keyjnote/accentuate

  • From: Tom Schneider <toms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jrm8005@xxxxxxxxx (J.R. Mauro)
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:11:02 -0400 (EDT)

Martin:

> > You're welcome.  I'll send this message to the powerdot list server so
> > people know it's in the works.
>
> Cool.
>

> > I know there are rotation issues but don't see how that relates to
> > hyperlinks.
>
> Hyperlinks are a rectangle that can "pivot" so that they will maintain
> a different orientation than the page.
> If the hyperlink were a square, this wouldn't matter, but since it is
> not in some cases, the coordinates are
> transposed relative to the orientation of the page. Beamer was the
> primary target of KeyJnote, so it was only
> concerned with pages made without rotation. But since powerdot creates
> the page and rotates it 90 degrees
> (apparently) we have a problem. I'm looking into parsing out the
> /Rotate command and then applying the fix
> instead of making it an option.
>
> I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for taking the time to explain, interesting connection!

> Oh, also, a shameless plug here: I'm looking for help with Accentuate,
> so if you know any Pythonistas who might be interested, I'd appreciate
> it!
>
> Thanks,
> ~J.R.

Again, I hope you don't mind that I'm ccing this to the powerdot list.
so interested people can contact you.  I suggest you sign up for it as
I don't like being middleman!

Regards,

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms@xxxxxxxxxxx
  permanent email: toms@xxxxxxxxxxxx