[powerdot] Re: keyjnote/accentuate

  • From: "Chris Ellison" <chris.ellison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 21:04:11 -0700

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Martin Weinberg <weinberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Has anyone tried using keyjnote (or the currently maintained version,
> accentuate:
> http://www.cs.rit.edu/~jrm8005/accentuate.html<http://www.cs.rit.edu/%7Ejrm8005/accentuate.html>)
> with
> powerdot?

Wow, accentuate does look pretty nice.   It doesn't seem to support
javascript in the PDF though.

> I find that everything works but the links (which one would like, of
> course).  They seem to be using pdftk to parse the pdf file.  Is there
> an alternative way of producing the pdf such that the hyperlinks will
> parse with pdftk?

This seems like it would be a lot of work, and beamer has the same problem.
The resul, as you suggested, appears to be that pdftk does not retain
bookmark information.

From http://www.ubuntusky.com/2007/05/06/learning-pdftk-by-examples/,
"""
*Pdftk doesn't retain bookmarks, but it does keep hyperlinks to both
destinations within the PDF and to external files or Web sites. *
"""

My guess is that efforts would be best spent in pdftk and extending it to
support bookmarks, rather than in powerdot, beamer, etc.

Chris