[powerdot] Re: cwpuzzle problems in powerdot

On Jan 26, 2012, at 3:49 AM, Jacob Fluke wrote:

> Hey,
>

> Do you have any suggestions as to why I cannot get any of the puzzles from
> the cwpuzzle documentation to appear in powerdot?
>

> Thanks

There is a simple solution. In any slide where you a puzzle to appear, use the
'method=file' (or 'method=direct') option.
I tried the following example (taken from the cwpuzzle documentation), and it
does not show normally, but it shows perfectly as written.

A similar situation (described in the powerdot documentation) afects verbatim
environments.
I use plenty of verbatim material with method=file and my documents typeset
just fine.
This has to do with the way powerdot does complex processing of your tex
material (I can't ellaborate on that, because I just don't know what is going
on inside, but I know that it works :-))

Note that method=direct is (theoretically) faster, but does not support
overlays; hence, if you use \pause or some \onslide commands, you must use
method=file.

This works:

\begin{wideslide}[method=file]{A crossword puzzle}
\begin{Puzzle}{5}{5}
      |[4]T|I   |M   |E   |S   |.
   \end{Puzzle}
\end{wideslide}