[powerdot] Re: cwpuzzle problems in powerdot

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:21:10 +0000

On Jan 26, 2012, at 3:49 AM, Jacob Fluke wrote:

> Hey,
> Do you have any suggestions as to why I cannot get any of the puzzles from
> the cwpuzzle documentation to appear in powerdot?
> Thanks

There is a simple solution. In any slide where you a puzzle to appear, use the
'method=file' (or 'method=direct') option.
I tried the following example (taken from the cwpuzzle documentation), and it
does not show normally, but it shows perfectly as written.

A similar situation (described in the powerdot documentation) afects verbatim
I use plenty of verbatim material with method=file and my documents typeset
just fine.
This has to do with the way powerdot does complex processing of your tex
material (I can't ellaborate on that, because I just don't know what is going
on inside, but I know that it works :-))

Note that method=direct is (theoretically) faster, but does not support
overlays; hence, if you use \pause or some \onslide commands, you must use

This works:

\begin{wideslide}[method=file]{A crossword puzzle}
      |[4]T|I   |M   |E   |S   |.

Luis Sequeira