[powerdot] Re: Problem about CropBox setting

  • From: "Hendri Adriaens" <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:13:22 +0200

Hi,

I found that changing the flexibility for definition of papersize
in dvips is the cause of my report.
KAKUTO had proposed the additional setting of config.ps at the board
(http://oku.edu.mie-u.ac.jp/~okumura/texfaq/qa/42976.html, in Japanese),
and that is the solution.

An additional setting in config.ps should not be necessary as powerdot writes the letter paper format to the ps. It doesn't use the screen dimensions in the ps! That's why you see extra white bars in the dvi and ps (see also docs). I did that, because the screen format is indeed not supported by dvi viewers or dvips.

The screenformat is only insert in the ps2pdf step, namely with a pdf
cropbox. How the config.ps (for dvips) comes into play here an
additional time, is very curious. I will contact Akira Kakuto.

Best,
-Hendri.