[powerdot] Re: Presentation Application for PowerDot/PDF Presentation

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:44:10 +0100

On May 5, 2009, at 9:31 PM, Patrick Runge wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a presentation application running my powerdot slides.
A friend of mine uses Keynote (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynote_(presentation_software) ) which is only avalible for powerpoint presentations on mac. Keynote brings nice features like keynotes which are only visible for the speaker on his laptop or the current and the next slide are shown at the same time on the speakers laptop. Does anyone knows an appropiate tool which at least has the "current & next slide"- feature and runs under XP?

Patrick

I cannot help with XP software, but
if you can at least borrow a mac to do the presentation, then you may consider using the free PDFtoKeynote program. Although I've never used it, it is supposed to convert the pdf slides - such as those of your powerdot document - into Keynote slides. You should be able to find it on versiontracker.com. I use the pdf produced by powerdot directly, and use Skim (another piece of free software) to display the presentation. I don't use a "presenter's display", of the kind you refer to, and I tend to avoid Adobe software, but since you use XP probably the easiest solution is to use Adobe Reader - again, I don't know, but it *may* include the feature you want.

Luis Sequeira