[powerdot] Re: Placement of graphics

  • From: Lukas Ruf <ruf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hendri Adriaens <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:14:54 +0200

> Hendri Adriaens <spotje@xxxxxxxxx> [2005-10-21 11:00]:
>
> > how can I place graphics at an absolute position?
>
> It sounds like you want to develop a new style. Please read section
> 9 in the docs to start with.

In fact, I am. ;)  What I have achieved, I like so far.  The only
thing I am fiddling around with for half a day now is the placement of
figures.

What I read in your docu: pspicture with \rput is used internally,
right?

Hence, being a novice with pstricks, can't I simply use a
- pspicture environment that covers the full text area
- and allows me to '\rput' my stuff wherever I want to?

If I understood your docu and the pstricks docu correctly, this would
lead to something like:

%% begin block
\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(\slidewidth,\slideheight)
  \rput(0.5\slidewidth,0.5\slideheight){
  \includegraphics{myfigure}
  }
\end{pspicture}