[powerdot] Re: Placement of graphics

  • From: Hendri Adriaens <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:36:19 +0200

> What I would like to have is the ability to place a figure wherever I
> want to within the Text Area.  Specifying the exact location of a
> figure would allow me to have other presentation elements like arrows
> etc. put in a subsequent slide....

LaTeX in general doesn't work with absolute positions as it needs
flexibility to make nice output.

> And therefore my question: how can I achieve this needed feature most
> easily?

I've send you one version which is flexible enough to be extended to
your needs (as I understand them). Another idea is to start the
relevant slides with \rput'ed pictures. As the cursor hasn't moved yet
at the start of a slide, these pics get on the same place everytime
(relative to the cursor position).

Example:
\begin{slide}{Title}
\rput[tl](1,-1){\includegraphics{myfig1.eps}}
\rput[tl](2,-2){\includegraphics{myfig2.eps}}
my text
\end{slide}

The next slide can again start with the \rput's and hence the figs on
the next slide are at the same position again.

-Hendri.