[powerdot] Re: Feature Request

Hendri Adriaens wrote:

Hi,

  I am making my presentation and would love for a fancy version of the
theorem and proof environments. Since I do not know enough of ps-tricks,
it would take me too long to get it done.

This is more a question for the pstricks mailinglist. Although Herbert might be reading this too...
I have whipped up something using pgf/tikz. Here is what I have so far.

\tikzstyle{pdboxstyle}=[text width=0.83\slidewidth,text ragged, draw, rectangle, rounded corners] %
\newenvironment{pdproof}[1][]{
\begin{tikzpicture}
\draw (0,0) node [style=pdboxstyle, fill=yellow!30, name=header, #1]
\bgroup \textit{\textbf{Proof.}} %
}{%
\egroup ;
\end{tikzpicture}
}

One main issue still needs to be dealt with: The width of 0.83\slidewidth is kind of adhoc. This should be the width normally used for typesetting data. Which counter should I use here? Ideally it should work in single column as well as two column mode.

- Murali