[pov] Re: Apple Cinema Display calibration and Lion?

  • From: Michael Elenko <michael.elenko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:24:44 -0700

James,
Sorry for the obvious question but it does have to be asked. . .
Prior to calibrating your monitor with Lion, did you reset its parameters back
to the default settings? Otherwise you are still using an obviously
well-executed profile made with the older software.

ME
On Jul 13, 2012, at 6:42 PM, James Culbertson wrote:

> I just bought a Spyder4Pro to work with my Apple Cinema Displays and OSX Lion.
>
> What is odd is that my my main 30" Apple Cinema Display is no different
> before and after calibration. With the Spyder2Pro and Snow Lion there was
> some difference. I'm wondering if Lion is doing something different under the
> hood when compared to Snow Lion.
>
> My other 23" Apple Cinema Display has a distinct warm tint when compared to
> the calibrated profile.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James
>
> pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> All replies default to the entire POV list.
>
> To reply to the specific sender, make sure the sender's email address is the
> only one in the To: field
> of your email application.

Michael Elenko
Eye In The Triangle Photography