[platypus-dev] Re: Problem creating an app that passes args onto a shell script

  • From: Bruce Johnson <johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 22:27:01 +0000

On Apr 3, 2014, at 1:37 PM, Torben Hoffmann <torben.lehoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have posted this on stackoverflow:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22848223/creating-an-mailto-handler-app-on-mac-osx
>
> Does anyone here have any experiences that could solve that problem?

I’d investigate "This Service” for this purpose
<http://wafflesoftware.net/thisservice/> I’ve used this to make a couple of
services utilities. You would end up right-clicking on the mailto link and your
service script would show as an option. There are examples with the package
using a variety of languages.

I’ve managed passing arguments in Platypus, but only as droplet apps. I’ve got
one (on my home machine, unfortunately, or I could show you the actual script)
that converts a dropped file on one video format to another using ffmpeg,
there’s a few more around here but I can’t lay my hands on them right now,
these have mostly been "I have this weird thing to do can you help me?” kinda
stuff.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona