[platypus-dev] Re: Double process in activity monitor for myapp

  • From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

> I have created Myapp.app whose script runs another executable file "Hi"
> which results in two processess in activity monitor.
> 1. Myapp
> 2. Hi which has gui
>
> How could i convert two processess into single process so that i can see
> only one in activity monitor or if i close any one would close the other.

If you have two processes, you have two processes. You could make the
dependent process try to ping the main process or check the process table,
and die if its parent has gone (or have the two processes establish a
pipe() between themselves to accomplish something similar), but your process
needs to do its own legwork.

If this is a big deal to you, then your only other solution is threads,
depending on what your scripting language supports.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- FORTUNE: The moon is in Venus' house. Shortly, there will be planetoids. ---