[pittsburghquake] Re: Sunday - UT2003?

  • From: "Jason M" <bluecat141@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:57:13 +0000

I think I have all the parts to create a Pentium Celeron 500, 64MB (maybe
128MB) RAM, 1GB HD, NIC, Sucky Video Card, No Sound machine.  I'll check
around my basement to find out.  Maybe I could "donate" it to the
pittsburghquake group.  I'll report back with my findings later.

Before I search too hard... will the above configuration work?

>Well .. I just found an article that the Linux version of UT2003 needs
>either a Pentium Pro or higher or an AMD Athlon.  It turns out that my
>server is using a AMD K6-III which is not supported by the game.
>
>Argg....  I think I might be able to "piece" together an AdHoc server but
>probably not in time for Sunday.
>
>Does anyone else have an "extra" Windows machine that they can run the
>UT2003 Demo server on? It's real easy to run and there is a command line
>version in the case that your "extra" machine does not have a proper video
>card.
>
>Let me know!

To view the discussion list archives, please visit:
http://pittsburgh.servequake.com/archive.php

To change your mailing list preferences, please visit:
http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=pittsburghquake