[pittsburghquake] Re: Sunday - UT2003?

  • From: "Agostoni, Jason D." <agostoni@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:00:34 -0400

Well .. I just found an article that the Linux version of UT2003 needs either a
Pentium Pro or higher or an AMD Athlon.  It turns out that my server is using a
AMD K6-III which is not supported by the game.

Argg....  I think I might be able to "piece" together an AdHoc server but
probably not in time for Sunday.

Does anyone else have an "extra" Windows machine that they can run the UT2003
Demo server on? It's real easy to run and there is a command line version in
the case that your "extra" machine does not have a proper video card.

Let me know!