[pittsburghquake] Re: Q3 CTF Tonight?

  • From: "Agostoni, Jason D." <agostoni@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:31:56 -0400

I heard of that one.  I believe there is a group in PGH somewhere that plays
that game a lot.  The funny thing is, I have been getting emails from more
people around Pittsburgh saying that they like to play these types of games.
However, we seem to be the largest group that plays Quake on a regular basis.
Most of the other groups play games like Half-Life : Counter-Strike and mission
based games like Medal of Honor.

Personally, I finished the demo level of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and it
was pretty good.  I am also playing the Gunman Chronicles which is a
single-player game based on the Half-Life engine.  It is a little less polished
looking than games like Quake ... but the game play is fun.  It is very much
like Half-Life so if you've played that, you've played this.

Matt, you might want to check out www.wpngg.org and see if they are playing
this game.  I believe this group is into these team/mission based games.  They
have a mailing list you can sign up for and they are all based in Western PA.