[pittsburghquake] NVidia Detonator 40.71 Drivers Released

  • From: "Agostoni, Jason D." <agostoni@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pittsburghquake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:06:35 -0400

Looks like NVidia released an update to the previous BETA drivers (40.41) that
is supposed to fix a few bugs.  I have installed them and I actually think I
have noticed an improvement in visual quality as well.  The 40.71 drivers are
no longer BETA but are still pending Microsoft's WHQL testing and approval.
Either way, if you would like to download them, go to NVidia's web site:

While your there, you should check out the free demo of EarthViewer3D.  It is a
neat little app that lets you view satellite images of the earth by rotating,
zooming, searching etc.  It is really cool.  You can get it at the above
address as well and clicking on "Games, Utilities, and Tools."  Look up my
address in the viewer, I think I am giving the satellite the finger.  (I do
that from time to time  ... just in case)

Later!

Jason D. Agostoni
System Analyst
Automotive Coatings