[pisa] Re: ccache / Development tools

  • From: Tobias Heer <heer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:52:19 +0200

Hi,

Am 20.08.2008 um 14:44 schrieb Wolfram Fischer:

Hi,

I just opened a wiki page about (C) development tools:
https://pride/projects/pisa/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/DevelopmentTools
Have a look at ccache, it speeds up compilation significantly and
works transparent to the user.
So far, I only have used it on x86 machines - works like a charm.

I think it might ruin cross compilation. gocache might be the right tool here. However, I'd rather not use it for openWRT and Scratchbox.
Feel free to try it for x86 machines.

Tobias

If someone uses other helpful tools it would be very nice to enhance
the wiki-page and share some knowledge.

Have a nice day,
 Wolf

-- Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Group
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
http://ds.cs.rwth-aachen.de/members/heer