[phpa] Re: NEW PHP standalone compiler (was Re: [PHP-DEV] Here we

  • From: Peter Bowyer <reywob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:17:52 +0000

At 12:04 PM 1/31/02 +0000, Nick Lindridge wrote:
>No, you actually completely *misunderstand* and to be honest I find it
>annoying and somewhat insulting that you suggest that I am trying to sell
>PHPA. Please do me the courtesy of at least taking the time to be sure of
>your facts before being a spokesman for my intentions.

So what are your reasons for keeping it closed source?  To stop the Zend
developers from pinching the good ideas?  I get the impression that this is
the part Manuel doesn't like - while I myself don't care (I use Windows and
other such programs every day with no source code available) I can
understand that for the Hippy-ish, Open source, Everything Free, Pinch and
Pinch alike community out of which PHP appears to have grown, this could be
a problem (No Manuel, I'm not referring to you ;-)).

>If I have to do a rewrite for a new PHP
>architecture then I may have a small charge for that, and it would just be
>a few dollars, but I haven't thought about it as it's a hypothetical
>project at this stage anyway.

Well I wish you the best of luck.  From my previous attempts, I've found it
impossible to get money voluntarily, and people aren't interested in PHP
scripts that cost money either :-(

Peter.

--oOo--
Narrow Gauge on the web - photos, directory and forums!
http://www.narrow-gauge.co.uk
--oOo--
Glenbranter - Scottish narrow gauge in 009
http://glenbranter.narrow-gauge.co.uk
--oOo--