[phpa] Re: Lock header held by unknown pid

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:45:12 +0100 (BST)

> hello,
>
> my error_logs are flooded by this messages:
> [warn] shm - Lock header held by unknown pid
>
> can anyone tell me, why this happens.
> if it's not critical, how can i turn this warning off?
> i don't want to miss something important in the log-files,
> when its crowded with this messages.

It can occur for a valid reason, although I'm looking into this because I'm
suprised that it occurs so often, but may be because of how linux is
scheduling processes. You can't turn it off. For 1.2p5 I'll either eliminate
the valid case that causes it to happen and keep the warning (that you then
should never see), or if that measurably impacts performance I'll just take
out the warning.

You could just filter you error log with

        grep -v 'held by unknown'

nick