[phpa] Re: FreeBSD 4.3 / PHP 4.0.6 version

  • From: "Jamie Burns" <jamie.burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:29:22 -0000

The 4.3 library should run just fine under 4.4. It shouldn't matter which
sub version of FreeBSD it was compiled under as long as the binary is
compatible, which it is. There were issues with 1.1 which should be resolved
(hopefully) with the 1.2 release, and these included lock ups.

Out of interest I load tested my server with 40,000 requests (with
concurrency of 2) for a heavy php generated page the other night (left it
running while I slept) and awoke to find it had completed perfectly. Try 1.2
and see if it cures your problems, and feedback any bugs while it is still
in dev phase!

Jamie.