[phpa] Re: 1.2p4 still giving signal bus errors on Solaris

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:36:27 -0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Someone who has the source on an older solaris box reported this too, and
when we looked at where it happened, it happened inside PHP itself and when
copying a structure.  The structure contents were fine, had been allocated
by phpa, and were being copied to a structure allocated by php.  The
structure that phpa had allocated is 4 byte aligned, and this may be the
problem. Whilst I've not had issues running phpa on some large, modern,
multi-cpu sparc boxes, and where I must have had structures that were 4 byte
aligned, it's possible that 4 byte alignment doesn't work on all
architectures.  Bus error is, after all, related to misaligned data.

So I'm going to send a test program to the guy who has the source to
replicate the copy operation on 4 byte aligned data. If it blows up then
great, the fix shouldn't be too hard.

nick