[phoenix-project] Re: New LiveCD

  • From: asprakash@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

> Hello,
>    Kishore, NIT, Calicut, has made a Debian based Phoenix LiveCD during
> his stay at IUAC. The iso image is here
> <http://www.iuac.res.in/%7Eelab/livecd_images/phoenix-debian-0.9.iso>.

Nice Job. Hope this work helpful for those who are developing PHOENIX in a
new environment.
Few suggestion in the topic "Testing the Live cd", available in this page
http://electronics.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_make_a_Phoenix_live_CD_from_a_Debian_installation#Testing_the_live_CD

Here the author mentioned that for testing the live cd, first we mount the
iso file, then edit the boot loader and reboot. Its an tedious job.
Instead of that, in our host OS, We can install "qemu" emulator and then
test the live cd without reboot our pc. The steps are,

#sudo apt-get install qemu
#qemu -cdrom /your-iso-file-location/my-phoenix.iso -boot d

Now you can show your iso will boot like from cdrom, BUT virtually.
For more about qemu, refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QEMU

-Prakash A S
 NRCFOSS

To unsubscribe from this list send a mail to
phoenix-project-request_AT_freelists.org with the word unsubscribe in the
subject line. (Needless to say _AT_ replaced by @ )