[pedevel] Re: A couple of questions...

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 15:16:01 +0000

On 2004-05-01 16:01:42 [+0000], Axel D=F6rfler wrote:
> Eddie has those key bindings, too.
> I think we should definitely add the previous/next part of word feature,=
=20
> as it is more than handy.
> I would vote for changing the shortcuts to match BeIDE's and Eddie's.=20
> BTextView should have those, too, if you ask me :-)

I vote for harmonizing the keybindings to the BeIDE/Eddie standard as well.
Even though I'll have to relearn a bit, it's better to have this=20
standardized across applications.

However, I think that this should really be an OS issue. Just as you can=20
define which of Ctrl/Alt to use as shortcut key, there should be options=20
for configuring the way you want text inputs to behave, with the settings=20
applying to all text input controls in all applications. That would be a=20
nice feature for OBOS R2...

Bye,
Chris