[pedevel] A couple of questions...

Hello everyone,

There are several things about Pe I do not quite understand, so maybe one
of you can throw some light on this:

- In the color-prefs, there are several "alternative" entries and you can
specify an alternative font, too. How does one activate the "alternative"
mode such that the alt-colors and alt-font are being used? The docs don't
mention the alternative mode at all...

- Christian mentioned that the modifiers used for word-wise navigation with
the cursor keys in Pe is different from the one being used in Beam, which
is annoying (Pe uses <Cmd> and <Opt>, while Beam uses <Ctrl>). I'd like to
implement consistency here, but I wonder what would be the "correct"
modifier to use. In Beam, I have chosen B_CONTROL_KEY, which in fact is the
non-Command metakey (i.e. <Alt> if <Ctrl> is used for shortcuts and <Ctrl>
if <Alt> is used for shortcuts). The reason for this was that this way the
arrow keys can still be used for menu-shortcuts, which might be useful.
Should we change Pe's behaviour to use B_CONTROL_KEY in order to free the
cursor-keys for menu-shortcuts? And does it make sense to use B_OPTION_KEY
for word-wise navigation, too, or would you prefer using it for yet some
other kind of navigation (which one)?

- Does anyone know how the Mark-shortcut works? I tried to set a mark and
use it afterwards, but Pe always complains about the mark not being set. Is
it a bug, a feature or am I doing something wrong?

- During the last Begeistert, Scholly very kindly bribed me into putting up
a new Pe release to BeBits >:o) So I would like to do that now, maybe as a
weekly build (I can't provide a nightly build, as I'd have to do it
manually). In order to separate this release from all others, I have
upgraded Pe's version to 2.3. Please tell me if you can think of anything
else I should do before releasing Pe to BeBits.

cheers,
        Oliver