Re: [PCWorks] Yahoo Rejecting List Messages

  • From: "Karl Springer" <bi434@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:43:53 -0800

On 3 Feb 2010 at 3:27 -0600, Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin wrote,
at least in part:

> Is your SMTP server SecureServer.net?  I don't recall them
> having anything to do with Yahoo, they are with GoDaddy.  It
> could be Yahoo is (erroneously) blocking/having issues with
> some servers, SecureServer.net being one of them.  But it's
> strange that only 5 of the 12 were bounced.

Whenever anyone gets a bounce message, hopefully it contains
sufficient information on why the message was bounced.  Perhaps
<http://www.fots.nl/index.php/ndr-and-smtp-reply-and-error-codes/>
will be helpful in interpreting the bounce message(s) the
originator of this thread was getting.  A Google search can be
very useful.

As an example of an error message, I passed along the report I
received from a recent set of Yahoo! bounces.  In the few years
I've been using a GoDaddy SMTP server to send 100+ mail merge
messages each month, I recall only once when I had some messages
bounced because the SMTP server was blocked.  Used information
from <http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx> to see who was
Blacklisting.

Karl