Re: [PCWorks] Why is everything pasted into WordPad double-spaced?

  • From: Sue Cubic <scubic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:53:00 -0400

At 11:27 AM 3/14/2010, you wrote:
>This is SOOOOO annoying and I can't take it anymore.
>
>Every time I try and past ANY text into WordPad (or a Rich Text
>document), it's always double-spaced!  If I go to a line and put the
>cursor at the end of it and press "Delete", instead of moving up to the
>blank line, it goes onto the SAME line!  So there's no way of removing
>these double spaces.
>
>If I paste something FROM a basic text file (like NotePad), there is no
>double spacing.  But of course then the text loses all formatting
>(colors, links, font styles, etc.).
>
>There's GOT to be a way to fix this and stop it from happening. ??

Clint,

I just discovered this a couple days ago also.  On the Wordpad
toolbar, in the "paragraph" section, just past the
'left-center-right' alignment tools, is a paragraph dialog box
icon.  Open that before you start typing or pasting.  Change the line
spacing to 1, and uncheck the 'add 10 pt space after paragraph'.

I've not found a way to make that the default though.  Maybe you can
figure that out?

Sue