Re: [PCWorks] Why is everything pasted into WordPad

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:22:36 -0500

Thanks.  Interesting, I tried that and when I tried the first option
"Rich Text", it was still double-spaced.  I tried the second option of
"Raw text" and it no longer had the double-spacing but it lost all the
colors and different fonts.  I guess that's my only option if I want to
paste text into WordPad without it being double-spaced, and I would just
have to do the formatting all over.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com
www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com
www.OrpheusComputing.com/cheap_reliable_web_hosting.html
www.OrpheusComputing.com/PCworks-computer-help-email-list.html

From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin"

That's a good idea, but it's always done that when pasting from
something other than plain text (Notepad or Metapad, etc.  I should also
point out it also does then when pasting from **plain text** email).  I
have yet to determine if this is "normal" behavior for v5.1 on XP SP3,
but Karl says it is NOT.  He also can change spacing with certain key
combo's that don't work for me.  The versions on Vista and Win7 are
different and have these paragraph/line spacing options on the toolbar.

From: "John Eichenlaub"

Clint,

In XP, can you go to "Accessories" and disable WordPad? I'm thinking
that if WordPad used to work properly, you could try removing it, then
reinstalling it. (?)

BTW; my Vista WordPad is version 6.0.

John.
****
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:40:15 -0400
From: Sue Cubic <
Subject: Re: [PCWorks] Why is everything pasted into WordPad

At 12:24 AM 3/15/2010, you wrote:
>Where do you have "Select, Paragraph, Spacing"?
>
>Sounds like you're using the same version that Sue is using, so where
>do
>you get this "new, improved" WordPad?
>-Clint

Mine is V 6.1.7600.  It came with Win7.  I'd rather have my old
version back!  I guess this is good if you don't have the full
version of Word, but I liked my simple little Wordpad.  I wouldn't
mind this so much if you could change the defaults and make them stick.

Sue