Re: [PCWorks] Need recommendation for a router

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 04:45:43 -0600

That shouldn't matter because that generally applies to storage
devices which generally have "buffers" or a cache (used by
Windows) where they hold data.  If they are set in the Device
Manager for "Optimize for Performance" instead of "Optimize for
quick removal", then that removal (for storage devices) becomes
important.  That's not to say if it's set for Performance that
if you simply unplug or turn off a storage device you'll lose
data on it, it depends on how recently data was written to the
device.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner