Re: [PCWorks] Monitor signal goes dead on loading Windows desktop

  • From: "vdacosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vdacosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:10:05 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

I tried this, Hugh, but can't get the darned thing to move! I've tried
every possible way to shift it, levering, wiggling etc. but I'm afraid
of damaging the motherboard (and the video card itself) if I use any
more force. Have had to leave it for the moment, having had to go away
for the weekend, but will have another go when I get back home. It must
come out somehow otherwise I'll never be able to change it if it's
faulty, but I don't want to damage or break other components or the
motherboard. I've had times when cards have been difficult to seat into
the slots, and I know they should be tight, but this one beats
everything!