Re: [PCWorks] HLP file missing

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin-OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:03:04 -0600

(One more thing Harold, don't forget to change the subject line
from Digest to the appropriate subject.  I changed it here).

I forgot to resend my last post and append to it that I did
search for that file on my PC and I didn't have it.  I see you
were able to "copy" and paste the file, so disregard my
question about that in the off-list email.  (BTW, my email to
you was just bounced back, see below*).

This is apparently a bug.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190250  M$ strikes again with
another screwed up webpage.  Click the link they give on that
page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/entry.asp
and that also doesn't exist!

Are you using IE7?  This appears to be an IE7 bug.
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=677549
http://forums.pcpitstop.com/lofiversion/index.php/t129293.html
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:rFPesIsF7-wJ:www.mcse.ms/message2323409.html+mshtml.hlp&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us&lr=lang_en

*A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more
of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following
address(es) failed:
  harold7[at]rcn.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after initial
connection:
    host mx.lnh.mail.rcn.net [207.172.157.50]:
554-mx04.lnh.mail.rcn.net
    554 To contact the RCN Postmaster Group, use:
http://www.mail.rcn.net/contact.php

-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner