Re: [PCWorks] Converter/adapter from parallel printer port to USB port

  • From: David Grossman <dgrossman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:51:46 +0200

It's not a regular USB port. The cable installed a VIRTUAL port when it was
plugged in. I think that's the way that it was able to convert a serial port
(USB) to a parallel port.
I also have four printers on this computer, but each one is on a separate
port.
David Grossman

From: "David Grossman"

Thank you, Hugh, Ed, and Clint.
It works!
I had three installations of the printer. I didn't think the others that
were not used would matter, but apparently they were interfering with
the
final version. I do have multiple installations on other computers, and
they
do not cause problems.
I reinstalled the final version on this computer, and then I deleted
both of
the previous versions.
I found an additional possible cause for the problem. One of the ports
was
set up for TWO printers! I don't know whether that was the cause for the
problem, but it was one of the drivers that I deleted.
Why would Windows install two printers on one port? Strange.
After handling these things, I turned off the computer for a few hours.
When
I turned it on, all was well.
I'm back to saving the trees. I don't know how to save dolphins, anyhow.
Thank you.
David Grossman