-=PCTechTalk=- resetting newsgroups

  • From: "Dolores" <inquisitive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:04:37 -0400

another lost info (need to get more organized!) - on newsgroups where they
keep the messages for long periods of time, there is a way if you have
downloaded say 200, didn't get to read them before they accidentally got
deleted - to be able to go back and reset those so that the 200 messages
will appear available for downloading - hope you can understand what I'm
asking as hard to put it into words - Annex Cafe for example keeps their
messages on their server for months and in the past when I have downloaded
and then deleted from my own computer I was able to go back and download
them again but needed to do a step where I reset so those 200 messages were
available to me again - I've tried everything and I know it's staring me in
the face but I can't see it - thanks again - Dolores