-=PCTechTalk=- remote pc access programs

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:16:15 -0500

I am working with 20 to 30 seniors in a community & every time they need a
little something moved, removed or changed in their pc they call me.  Most
of the time it is something very simple or possibly just an update to one of
their programs.  I thought it might be better for me if I used one of the
remote pc access programs.
Someone recommended Vnc....documentation was unclear & it was difficult to
even get through the software download.  Then I looked into PC Anywhere as
well as GoToMyPC.  And I'm not certain either one will be able to do what I
want.  My understanding is GoToMyPC does not work with dial up connections
(uncertain) & one host computer can be viewed from as many other computers
that I choose.  But I want to view from one computer & look at many.

Anybody familiar with any of these programs?  If so, any thoughts would be
helpful.

Thanks
Jan