-=PCTechTalk=- pen/thumb drives

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:40:59 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have a question about pen/thumb drives.  I know you can transfer files
from your computer onto them and then load them on another computer
somewhere.  My question is should I be able to open up the file/any file
after putting it on the thumb drive while the drive is still connected to my
computer.  In other words, to check and make sure if got on the thumb drive
okay.  I tried doing that with a family tree maker file and it would not
open although it appeared to be on the thumb drive.  Did this all while it
was plugged into my usb port. Does the program have to be on the thumb drive
to open the file?

thanks,
christy