-=PCTechTalk=- msn messanger problem, proxy setting?firewall?

  • From: "Christine" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:03:30 -0500

Hi,

My sister is trying to set up her MSN messanger and says she installed it
okay and has set up an account and everything looks n ormal but when she
tries to sign in she gets a message about a firewall and/or proxie settings
that can be checked on MSN.  I had her set access in zone alarm for the
program and she has all green checks now for that.  I also had her disable
windows firewall.  She has win xp.  Can anyone tell me what the proxie
problem may be or any other blockage?

Thanks,

christine