-=PCTechTalk=- modem progress, still an error though

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:44:18 -0500

Making some progress, I think.  I decided to try to find the modem exe
files/drivers that may be on a device driver CD I had that came with the
computer and it looks like I found it and got my GTW V. 92 modem installed
correctly, it even popped up at the bottom saying "found new hardware" and
when I look under control panel and phone/modems, under modems there it is
on COM 3.

So, I got excited and tried to dial up, but got same error message Ive been
getting, Error While connecting:

The port is already in use or is not configured for dial up networking.  It
looks like to me it is configured okay, so how can I find out what else is
using COM 3 port that could be conflicting and why was it working in the
past if there was a conflict with something else?

Thanks for all of your help..
I really want to fix this tonight if possible.

christy