-=PCTechTalk=- flying window icon

  • From: "SandiBeach" <SandiBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:23:40 -0500

For some time now I periodically have an icon show up on my desktop with the
upper right corner turned down and a flying window in a rectangular shaped
icon.  Also there is ~ under it.
Properties says it is 247 kb and is MS-DOS name.  I ran a virus scan and it
was clean so opened it and it went to an "open with" option.  I chose
notepad and that was too small so went to WordPad and the stuff that comes
up is gibberish--lots of little squares, etc.  Acrobat Reader says '~' is
not a supported file type or the file has been corrupted (i.e. sent as an
attachment and was not correctly decoded).
Guess it is no big problem but I am curious about what this is.  I have
deleted it numerous times and it keeps popping back up.  I checked the
recycle bin and counted 8 of them since I last emptied the bin.  I usually
leave my computer on 24/7 so this may be just happening at boot up.  I will
pay attention from now on and see if that is the case.
Does anyone know what this icon is for and why it is  persisting in residing
on my desktop?
Sandi