-=PCTechTalk=- any clues?

  • From: "Michael Scott" <conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:40:12 +1030

Hello Group,
I have had a rough time trying to sort out my internet connection which messes
itself about 5 seconds after connecting.
I dumped the old connection and noticed something very odd in the internet
options folder. The was a connection for  NV with a dial up number 555-555.

Never heard of it, didn't do it , where did it come from, was it associated
with AdAware SE.....that's the last thing I downloaded............. methinks a
nasty? Nothing has been picked up by AVG and I am at this minute trying an
online scan........ if the connection holds.

Would be interested in comments,   Lyn