-=PCTechTalk=- Xp/Vista Dual-Boot Problems

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:13:02 -0400

Was in the process of setting up an XP/Vista dual-boot, and have run into a
snare. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Here's the details.
System already has Vista on it. So, following the instructions provided by
many sites, I proceed to install XP onto a second drive installed on the
system. I followed THESE instructions:

So. after installing XP, I take the Windows Vista DVD and run that. I do a
REPAIR on Vista, which is supposed to fix the Vista bootloader. All looks
good. I restart the computer, and it starts into XP (its supposed to boot to
Vista). Now, regardless of the Vista repair, I am stuck where it keep
booting into XP.

Any help is appreciated.

~ SirTroth
~ ICQ: 1717439