-=PCTechTalk=- Windows/Hardware requirements?

  • From: "Drumwoulf" <drum2424wlf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:11:23 -0400

I have an older PC that uses Win98. I seem to remember updating it with a
special patch when Win98SE came out, but I don't know if this means I have
Win98SE now, or not?

Since most of the newer hardware (CD-DVD Rom, Ext hard drives) requires at
least Win98SE, I don't know if I can use them or not. Is there anyway I can
be sure of the compatability of my software with new hardware? Can I somehow
(re?)update my Win98 to SE?

This new stuff I'm interested in also uses USB2.0.   I have USB1.1. But I'm
fairly certain that's all backwards compatable and still okay, right?

Thanks,
Greywoulf