-=PCTechTalk=- Watch out for sleep modes...?

  • From: "Drumwoulf" <drum2424wlf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:40:45 -0400

I have a (nice) Brother 5140 Laser printer. At first it's 'sleep' mode
seemed the way to go, as it worked like it was off but with an always ready
access. So I left it in sleep alla time even tho I only use it occasionally.
Then I read up on these Bro laser printers, and in sleep mode they still use
75 watts... It's like constantly burning a 75W lightbulb when you don't
hafta!
Now I shut it off between usage.
And I'm starting to wonder about my monitor's 'sleep' mode too..?
Namaste,
Greywoulf d];>]}