-=PCTechTalk=- The dll from hell

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 07:22:15 -0400

Well here I am, the queen of errors, back again with yet another problem.  My
PSP has lost a few of it's common functions.  Went to PSP trouble shooting &
found the answer was in a simple remove a file & download a patch.  Two hours
on line downloading this patch and the install was aborted with this message:

file C:windows\system\msvcp60.dll is in use & cannot be installed.  Please exit
all other applications & retry.

Well nothing to my knowledge was running but I used EndItAll & tried again.  Of
course I got the same message.  It was suggested that I needed to replace the
dll.
Went on line, found the dll, went to put it in, still EndItAll was active, and
this is the message I received: The process cannot access the file because it
is being used by another process cannot create c:\windows\system\msvcp60.dll

OK...who is using it?  How can I get it to give it up?  More importantly how
can I install this dll?

Please help, my hair is falling out by the handfuls!
Jan