-=PCTechTalk=- Temporary Files

  • From: Beverly Hahn <bhahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sei-Chat <sei-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:20:35 -0500

Hi,

My Windows Temp files are quite large (86 MB) and Windows Temp Internet
files (19 MB).  I understand that files with a ~ preceding or a *.tmp
extension can be deleted.  I have many files with the following
extensions:  .rmd, .pkg, .oem, .xml, .drv, .aspx, .ini, .asp, .dll,
.exe, sys, .wmv, .ecw, .jpe, .img, .cab, .reg, .sf2, .nxd, .inf, .skn,
.gif, .htm, .ahg,. xml., .lib, .adf, .cfg, .mpd, .shl, .vbs,. htc, .png,
.log, .tag, .css, .hlp, .ins, .doc, .dat, .txt, .cpl, .jar, .js, .exd,
.mpp, .jpg, .chm.

I know this is a long list of extensions.  Is this information
incorporated into permanent files?  May I remove any of these files
without affecting my programs?  Some of the files are images.  Are they
somewhere else also, or do I need to save the ones I want in a folder?

Thanks for any help.

Beverly