-=PCTechTalk=- Soundcard not recording

  • From: "Glenn Folkvord (Hyperion Media)" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:43:13 +0200

Hey,

My soundcard acts funny now. It plays back sound, either from Winamp or
streaming from the net, but it does not record sound anymore when I try to
use CoolEdit or SoundForge (or Windows sound recorder for that matter). It's
a Realtek soundcard integrated on the motherboard that used to be able to
record from the inline plug or from streaming sound while also playing that
sound to the speakers.

The only change from before otherwise on the computer is that I had a new
graphics card installed, and it was after that that sound could not be
recorded. But I didnt do any software or OS changes.

So while it still plays sound, it does not record anymore. Can that be a
software setting somewhere? How can installing a graphics card affect
recording?

tia,
glenn