-=PCTechTalk=- Screensavers, stationery, etc.

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:07:10 -0600

I ran a search on Google for Thomas Kinkade screensavers and found tons of
schemes, screensavers, stationery, wallpaper, etc.  I downloaded a couple,
saved in my download folder, ran a virus scan, then tried to install it.
Both of these said it would install a tool bar as a trade off for being
free.  I canceled.  Is there any way around that?  I read on one site that
one could opt out of extras but I did not see a way to do that.  A free
desktop manager was suggested.  Would that get around the tool bar thing?  I
will simply delete these downloads if I have to accept a toolbar that I
would probably have trouble getting rid of.
Anyone know a decent site to get KinKade stuff?  Does not have to be free
but I do not want spyware in the package.
Joyce