-=PCTechTalk=- Re: zone alarm question windows xp

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:42:17 -0700 (PDT)

Windows XP comes with a firewall engaged.  if you install Zonealarm windows
firewall will automatically disengage and zone alarm will work properly -
windows xp also reconizes Zone Alarm and will not whine about you not haveiong
a firewall.

if SP-2 is installed Windows will monitor and let you know if your firewall and
antivirus is up and running
cristy <poppy0206@xxxxxxx> wrote:
That is a good question and I am not sure he will know the answer. I guess
I could check to see if he has his computer set for automatic updates. I
have to remember how, I think that is in the control panel. If he does,
then he should be okay, if not we will have to update that as well.

cristy