-=PCTechTalk=- Re: zone alarm question windows xp

  • From: "Andrew" <asgillean@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:02:08 -0400

WARNING! WARNING! Will Robinson!
I have had both paid and Free versions and found that they both, but the
paid version more so, really played havoc with my system both on Win98 SE
and on XP Pro.
 I ended up removing the paid version even though I had a two year
subscription to it.
 I have tried Kaspersky, Net Videa (SP?), Tiny Personal Firewall and Sygate
(Free). The latter has given my no problems at all, you just have to
remember to deactivate the Windows Firewall that came with SP2.
 Kaspersky was a real pain get rid of - had to download a special tool from
someone named Igor - but it removed it.
 Just my three and 1/2 cents (Cdn.) worth.
 Andy