-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winzip question/long post/gman

Brief Description
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 lets you view full-featured
presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.

This is a limitation for the free pp viewer 2007 I found online

The following Microsoft PowerPoint features are not supported by this
viewer:
  a.. Information Rights Management (IRM) presentations.
  b.. Running macros, programs, or opening linked or embedded objects.

> I'm thinking you meant to type "Outlook 2007" instead of "OE 2007".
> Correct
> me if I'm wrong since everything that follows is based on that.     :)

 I thought it was the same thing.  Whatever comes with Microsoft office
professional plus 2007.  When I installed this program, it gave me choices
what to do with my older version of office 2000, I said lose it so how could
I then import if I told it not to keep the older version?

> Once installed, Outlook has its own Import control that will allow you to
> bring in your OE email.  Keep in mind that the import will grab ALL of
> your
> old email, converting the DBX files into its own native PST format.  The
> old
> DBX Files should remain afterwards, but there's no guarantee to that from
> me.  If you have a LOT of old messages, the procedure will undoubtedly
> take
> a bit of time to complete and may, at times, appear to get stuck.  Resist
> the urge to cancel during these times as it is most likely working
> feverishly in the background to do what you asked of it.  Again, I will
> strongly suggest making a fresh backup of the DBX store folder just prior
> installing Outlook and/or running this Import tool.
>
> I'm wondering if compressing the presentation within this "pack and go"
> feature will negate the need for macro support.  It may enclose the macros
> within the presentation so that they are not a threat to the viewer's
> system.

That is my next experiment which I was going to attempt last night ;), Im
too tired tonight, the computer was not cooperative with the operator (maybe
operator error ;0) hee hee..