-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winzip question/long post/gman

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:37:14 -0500

I'm thinking you meant to type "Outlook 2007" instead of "OE 2007".  Correct
me if I'm wrong since everything that follows is based on that.     :)

Once installed, Outlook has its own Import control that will allow you to
bring in your OE email.  Keep in mind that the import will grab ALL of your
old email, converting the DBX files into its own native PST format.  The old
DBX Files should remain afterwards, but there's no guarantee to that from
me.  If you have a LOT of old messages, the procedure will undoubtedly take
a bit of time to complete and may, at times, appear to get stuck.  Resist
the urge to cancel during these times as it is most likely working
feverishly in the background to do what you asked of it.  Again, I will
strongly suggest making a fresh backup of the DBX store folder just prior to
installing Outlook and/or running this Import tool.

I'm wondering if compressing the presentation within this "pack and go"
feature will negate the need for macro support.  It may enclose the macros
within the presentation so that they are not a threat to the viewer's
system.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org