-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winzip question/long post/gman

Holy Moly, Batman!  That's an awful lot of work to just try out a feature in
Powerpoint.      lol

First, since I don't fully understand who you mean when you use the term
"They", I have to assume you're talking about other students at the same
place you're going to learn.  Anyone who's serious about learning will have
at least the Student version of Office installed (I'm guessing that it's
mandatory for these courses) and, therefore, should have no problems viewing
presentations that include macros.  If they do, it will be a good learning
experience for them to work out how to view it on their own.  Discuss this
idea with your prof to see if it's in line with their own thinking on this
subject.

Next, it's ALWAYS a bad idea to make major changes to a system (such as
installing an all  encompassing suite like Office) without first making a
working (i.e. tested) backup.  Since installing Office's Outlook always
affects OE one way or another, a separate backup of your DBX store folder to
another physical drive is also in order.  I would take it even further and
back up all of my email accounts, message rules and other OE settings, too.
I know that's a late suggestion, since you found out for yourself the hard
way, but I bet you'll never forget it again.  I'm extremely proud of you for
working your way out of the mess once you figured out what had happened.
:)

So, talk with your prof first and see how he/she feels about the macro
issue.  If it's put back into your hands, we'll work out the best way to get
it resolved.  If not, that's one BIG thing less for you to worry about.
Next, try installing just PowerPoint 2007 (or anything else you want from
it, but NOT Outlook).  Excluding Outlook will allow your system to continue
to merrily continue on using OE for your email needs and will not negatively
affect any of the other programs within Office.  I would still make those
backups before installing it, though.       lol

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org